- Dynamic Budgets is a 30Mb .NET connected client application.
- Typically, the application is installed directly on user workstations/laptops.
- Alternatively many customers will use Citrix, Terminal Server, or TSPlus to run the application from a virtual desktop or as a remote published app.
- The client communicates directly with SQL server (there is no middleware application server).
- No data warehousing for on-premise installations – financials are kept in the ERP and queried as needed, in real-time.
- For Microsoft Azure cloud based installations, we leverage Azure Data Factory gateways and sync to your team’s refresh preference (weekly, daily, more frequently) and offer on demand syncs via Power Automate.
- For on-premise installations, the budgeting database is typically installed on the same server as the ERP database but also supports SQL linked server for installation on a secondary SQL server.
- Client and installation utility require .Net 4.5.
- Database size is expected to be about 150MB per budget round for an organization of less than 1,000 departments.
- Application supports Active Directory for single sign-on like experience.
- Unlimited application users / does not require ERP end-user licensing.
- Dual authentication process – end user will login to the app, and the app will perform an authentication handshake with the SQL server. The application authentication with SQL server is typically set to a single service level account but can optionally be set to individual SQL logins (windows or SQL server authentication).