- Dynamic Budgets is a 30Mb .Net connected client application.
- Typically the application is installed to a single share folder, and users launch the application from shortcuts placed on their desktops.
- Alternatively many customers will use Citrix, Terminal Server, or TSPlus to run the application from a virtual desktop or as a remote published app.
- The client communicates directly with SQL server (there is no middleware application server).
- No data warehousing – GP financials are kept in GP and queried as needed, in real-time.
- The budgeting database is typically installed on the same server as the GP company databases but also supports SQL linked server for installation on a secondary SQL server.
- Client and installation utility require .Net 4.5.
- Database size is expected to be about 150MB per budget round for an organization of less than 1,000 departments.
- Application supports Active Directory for single sign-on like experience.
- Unlimited application users / does not require GP end user licensing.
- Dual authentication process – end user will login to the app, and the app will perform an authentication handshake with the SQL server. The application authentication with SQL server is typically set to a single service level account but can optionally be set to individual SQL logins (windows or SQL server authentication).
SQL installation (5-10 mins)
- Run server configuration utility from the SQL server to create the DynamicBudgets database.
- Create a service level account